Friday, November 4, 2011

Curtain Up! Light the Lights!

Hello and welcome to my first ever attempt at internet blogging!

If you know me, you know that I have a *lot* of opinions floating around in my head when it comes to Broadway theatre.  However, chances are you don't know me, so you'll just have to take my word for it.  Now hopefully, you'll be a regular visitor to this blog and after a few visits, start to feel like you know me a little better thanks to the copious amounts of material I have posted.  And if there is not copious amounts of material being posted to this blog, I look to you to call me out on it, because I would do the same to you :-)

I'm not really sure what form this blog will take.  Reviews will certainly be part of it, although don't expect them to magically appear on opening night for every production.  Unlike those fancy reviewers for The NY Times and other papers, I actually have to buy my show tickets, and unless my financial situation drastically changes there's no way I'll be able to afford going to see three or four shows in one week during the season's busy periods (re: November and April). 

I will also likely chime in with my thoughts about various theatrical news stories, upcoming productions, replacement casting announcements, and insider talk about specialized industry topics like recouping investments and theatrical real estate and ghost lights.  Okay, an entire post on ghost lights is unlikely, but never say never.

Obviously, this blog will be mostly opinion.  You are welcome to agree or disagree, and if you feel strongly enough about something, please post in the comments.  However, be warned that I am always right, so by disagreeing with me you are publically declaring that you are wrong and don't care who knows it.

Just kidding.

Or am I?????

-Jared W

No comments:

Post a Comment